Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
28 September, 2024, 11:46:04 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk     -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Worn clutch pedal rubber and broken clutch pedal stop  (Read 233 times)
Simon B

« on: 19 May, 2024, 07:01:23 PM »

Sunny day and a not so nice drive as we suffer a double whammy of sticking accelerator pedal and much worse, broken clutch pedal stop! The rubber rollers in the accelerator pedal expanding in the heat I’ve read about before, along with the relatively easy roller bearing fix. However the clutch pedal stop is not so easily resolved, my foot slipped off the clutch pedal when fully depressed and the return spring launched the pedal back up with enough force to break the pedal box casting and stop clean off. There is a darkened area on the casting, typical of a fatigue crack, but that doesn’t make it any easier to bear. Wondering if anyone has any bright ideas? don’t fancy removing the pedal box and getting it welded, I’m thinking it’s not going to be a quick job to remove a pedal box? Perhaps a high strength epoxy (any recommendations?) and I could attempt to strengthen with a couple of small pins or bolts. The casting doesn’t lend itself to mounting a strengthening plate. Anyway folks, take a look at your clutch pedal rubbers and if worn, replace without delay!!

* IMG_3499.jpeg (98.92 KB, 480x640 - viewed 73 times.)

* IMG_3500.jpeg (3957.57 KB, 4032x3024 - viewed 28 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd