Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
16 September, 2024, 07:30:41 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk     -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: club journal WINTER 1982  (Read 556 times)
Running Board

« on: 06 August, 2024, 03:33:08 PM »

Many years ago my dad and Dave Baker wrote an article jointly over 2 magazines about how Dave borrowed my dads car trailer to pick up a Flaminia in Trowbridge , Unfortunatly Dave bent the trailer and had to abandon car and trailer in a pub car park in Trowbridge . the following weekend he and my dad set off on a journey to straighten the trailer and recover the Flaminia , this was all done in a Flavia 1500 saloon , it was a 2 part article , first part written by Dave second part by my dad  , i remember they won a trophy for best article in the journal and i have a photo somewhere of them holding the trophy on the bonnet of dads  2000 sedan that replaced the Flavia 1500 in around 1978 .
I've never read the article as dad couldn't find it for me but would love to read it if anyone has any early journals that they are willing to sell or just copy these articles for me , I know the 2000 came along late 78 early 79 as he bought the Astura in 79 and brought it back behind the 2000 so i hope this helps anyone find the article , many thanks, James
« Last Edit: 07 August, 2024, 07:10:16 AM by Running Board » Logged

When it comes to Lancias, mine are State Of The Ark!
Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 06 August, 2024, 05:34:52 PM »

James, had a look through my collection, not every magazine present unfortunately but I did find a single article, seemingly the full story, I stand to be corrected though, in Club Journal Winter 1982, an email with attachment on its way, let me know if you want photocopies or indeed, the magazine !

P

Frank Gallagher
Neil
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 06 August, 2024, 06:42:45 PM »

You could ask Chris Hopkins the club librarian if he has a copy available

Neil   

1973 Fulvia S2 1.3
Running Board

« Reply #3 on: 07 August, 2024, 07:11:43 AM »

James, had a look through my collection, not every magazine present unfortunately but I did find a single article, seemingly the full story, I stand to be corrected though, in Club Journal Winter 1982, an email with attachment on its way, let me know if you want photocopies or indeed, the magazine !

P

FANTASTIC!!!! Thanks very much looking forward too the read , they must have written it a few years later than the event then , was always a story / memory that my dad cherished

Running Board

« Reply #4 on: 07 August, 2024, 07:12:34 AM »

does anyone have a spare copy of magazine

Parisien
Administrator
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 07 August, 2024, 08:25:53 AM »

James, I'll stick this one in post for you, regards

Frank Gallagher
Running Board

« Reply #6 on: 07 August, 2024, 08:38:32 AM »

James, I'll stick this one in post for you, regards

thats very kind thankyou, it will be cherished , i was howling laughing reading it on the email this morning, what a fantastic article , James

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd