Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
18 October, 2024, 10:29:30 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk     -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Great Northern Weekend- Lake District- April 25-27  (Read 722 times)
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« on: 12 August, 2024, 05:19:57 PM »

The chosen venue for the 2025 GNW is the absolutely fabulous Lakeside Hotel & Spa set directly on the shores of Lake Windermere just North of Newby Bridge in the heart of the Lake District. Besides being a wonderful & luxurious 4 star hotel there is plenty to do with the Lakeside Steamer service to Bowness & Ambleside within 100 yds of the hotel as is the Lakeside & Haverthwaite railway and Lakes Aquarium plus within 2 miles is the Lakes Motor Museum and there are also plenty of countryside walks for all levels too. It is dog friendly and very popular with classic car clubs and will have its own Lancia only allocated car parking facility and separate function room suite for the Gala dinner. All in all it's quite a coup. We have managed to secure a block booking of 40No rooms (with more available should the demand be high enough)so we will all be required to act relatively quickly to confirm our bookings as set out below.

The tariffs are as follows-

The Lakeside Hotel & Spa, Friday 25th April 2025 x 2 nights
£575.00 for double/twin occupancy room including bed & breakfast Friday & Saturday and Saturday evening Gala dinner. Price is for two people sharing.
£330.00 for double occupancy bed & breakfast & Gala dinner for Saturday evening only for two people sharing.
£435.00 for single occupancy room including bed & breakfast and Saturday evening Gala dinner for one person.
£260.00 for single occupancy bed & breakfast & Gala dinner for Saturday evening only for one person.
£25 per night for dogs.

The above rates including bed and breakfast, Saturday evening meal, service and VAT

Members are requested to contact the hotel directly to book & need to quote reference Lancia Motor Club GNW Event- Lakeside Hotel & Spa GA001004. The hotel have advised that bookings are made between now and 31st January 2025 which is 12 weeks before the event. Phone number 01257 238730
It will be on a first come first served basis for room and the hotel would request £200.00 per room non-refundable deposit then the balance settled in full 6 weeks prior to arrival.

Early booking is essential to avoid disappointment.

As per usual the itinerary is as follows, on Friday arrive at the Hotel throughout the day- the car park will be on the left, signposted and opposite the Hotel with Paul endeavoring to be in attendance to guide guests upon arrival once dropped of at the Hotel entrance- meet old & new friends & acquaintances throughout the evening whilst settling in and choosing whether to dine at the restaurant or elsewhere, Saturday morning after breakfast, there will be time for that boat or train ride or a wander before the Touring rally takes place- just the one this time. The Gala dinner will be 7.00 for 7.30pm meet, followed by prize giving and speeches, then a few drinks before bed. Following Sunday morning breakfast it will be time to check out and leave at your leisure.

If you haven't experienced a GNW before, it really ought to be tried, one of the early LMC events when most of the cars are out of hibernation and the weather improves.

We look forward to seeing you all there! Paul & Claire
« Last Edit: 13 August, 2024, 04:17:18 PM by Paul Greenway » Logged

1980 Beta Spider 2000

Prev- 72 Fulvia Sport 1600, 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #1 on: 02 September, 2024, 03:50:19 PM »

Rang up to book, they wanted £20 deposit....when I asked if they were sure, they confirmed it was right.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 02 September, 2024, 06:01:10 PM »

Did you pay the £20? Better in your bank than elsewhere I suppose.

Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 02 September, 2024, 07:01:54 PM »

I did. Haven't had a confirmation email yet though.....
neil-yaj396
Committee
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 03 September, 2024, 06:57:34 AM »

Rang up to book, they wanted £20 deposit....when I asked if they were sure, they confirmed it was right.

I paid £200 after being put through to Group Bookings. They specifically said I would not get a confirmation - that would go to the organizer. Might be worth a call back to check you are on the group booking and that they haven't just made a regular booking for you.

1979 1300 Beta Coupe, 2014 Ypsilon 1.2 S Series Momo
Paul Greenway
Megaposter

« Reply #5 on: 04 September, 2024, 08:22:04 AM »

Hi Howard,

I have confirmation that you have paid a £20 deposit. It's very strange as I signed a disclaimer when organising the event with bookings that each room required a £200 deposit- that's what I paid.

It's also strange that I have received acknowledgement from the hotel regarding some guests bookings but not all as some guests have independently emailed me to say they are booked on & provided car details, but I haven't received anything from the hotel.

We are going up to the Lakes in a couple of weeks and will call in at the hotel, but in the interim will speak to bookings as it seems that depending upon who answers the phone- they might not necessarily be aware of the event nor have been informed of the procedure.

At least you have confirmation that you're booked in.

Paul.

1980 Beta Spider 2000

Prev- 72 Fulvia Sport 1600, 78 Montecarlo, 83 HPE VX, 88 integrale, 89 Delta GTie, 90 Y10GTie, 90 Dedra 2.0ieSE, 91 HF Turbo, 91 integrale 16v, 09 Thesis Centenario, 12 Delta 2.0M-J
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #6 on: 04 September, 2024, 01:18:33 PM »

Thanks Paul. I suppose there's no rush as it's quite a way off. When I rang again yesterday they confirmed I paid £200! I haven't checked my card statement so can't say which is correct. They did say they'd email confirmation
.....which they haven't.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd