Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
08 September, 2024, 01:09:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk     -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fuel sender orientation.  (Read 429 times)
HBG
Megaposter

« on: 25 June, 2024, 09:15:45 AM »

Hi folks.

I replaced my fuel sender as the old one was all over the place when below half a tank. The new one from Ricambio is a slightly different design but went in the same orientation as the old one came out, that is to say between 4 and 5 o'clock when standing at the back of the car. Is this correct and would a 3 o'clock be better to get less effect from fuel sloshing about? The red light, which is now working again came on with 10 litres still in the tank (I'd just added 28 litres  fill the tank), is this a bit premature?

Thanks.
lancialulu
Press Officer
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 25 June, 2024, 09:57:31 AM »

5-10 litre red light is "normal". From memory the sender goes in 3oclock.... It needs not to hit any of the baffling...

Its not the winning but taking part! or is it taking apart?
Lancias:
1955 Aurelia B12
1967 Fulvia 1.3HFR
1972 Fulvia 1600HF
1972 Fulvia Sport 1600
1983 HPE VX
1988 Delta 1.6GTie
1998 Zeta 21.  12v
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #2 on: 25 June, 2024, 10:13:41 AM »

When I've used a bit of fuel I'll move it round. I've cleaned up the original Jaeger sender and it is now working again, tempted to put that back in. It's a surprisingly delicate device, didn't expect the electrics to be submerged in fuel the whole time.

Was also good to have a look inside the tank. The bottom, which is the bit I can see is mostly rust free with a little showing in the stamped recesses. My recently changed fuel filter did show some dirt from the tank.
HBG
Megaposter

« Reply #3 on: 28 July, 2024, 09:04:53 PM »

Got back from a lovely run to Stratford upon Avon today and took advantage of a quiet evening to adjust the orientation of the fuel sender. I hadn't realised that there was a box shaped baffle with a slot in it for the sender float to sit in until I tried to achieve the 3 o'clock position. Initially the arm rubbed on the side of the slot so I tweaked the arm, but even then I can't be sure it clears when it's bolted down. Time will tell.

I also noticed that the original Jeager sender has a bend in the arm that the replacement does not. Hoping the straight arm of the new sender doesn't foul the bottom of the slot and never drop enough to show an empty tank.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd