Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
21 September, 2024, 05:29:42 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk     -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Augusta crankshafts.  (Read 471 times)
Raahauge

« on: 10 July, 2024, 05:08:40 PM »

Good evening all.
Augusta crankshafts.
A batch of new crankshafts are being produced by Walford Crankshafts at £1995 excluding VAT and I have ordered one.
This note is to alert other owners of this opportunity, I have no commercial connection to the project. A two week period is available to express interest.
They have been designed and engineered in the UK and are being produced by a Chinese crankshaft facility. The material is EN40B with Nitrided journals and they will be made with Japanese CNC machines and Italian grinders.
The design has been altered in the following ways.
Some extra weight has been added to the webs for some balance factor.
The centre main has been increased from 50 to 55.82mm and increased in width by 0.7mm
The oil drillings have been reduced from 7 to 4mm diameter.
The oil drillings are from one journal directly to another (straight shot, no sludge trap.)
The fillet radii have been increased.
My assessment is that the existing centre main can be easily enlarged to accommodate the extra diameter.
The design is based on a rotating mass of 409gms (Bottom half of the rod, shells and bolts) and a reciprocating mass of 523gms. (Top end of rod, pistons, rings and pins)
The cranks would beneficially be balanced here with the rods and pistons that will be used.
Greater reciprocating weight would require weight to be added by using tungsten inserts, which is  possible. Less reciprocating weight would require removing weight from the webs by drilling.
To express interest or for more information please contact Graham Hill directly on 07818 413416 or globaltoolingltd@gmail.com. Their website is www.walford.uk.com
Raahauge

« Reply #1 on: 30 August, 2024, 08:15:57 PM »

Graham has sent me an update today, good progress is being made.
There are two cranks still available from the batch of five.
Call Graham directly if interested.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd