Lancia Motor Club Forum Banner
21 September, 2024, 05:48:28 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Need to contact the Forum Administrator? e-mail forum.admin@lanciamc.co.uk     -      Copy deadline for Viva Lancia is 12th of each month.      -      For Events e-mail events@lanciamc.co.uk      -      To Join the club go to http://www.lanciamc.co.uk/join.htm

Home   Help Search Calendar Register  
Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Goodwood Revival 2024 Fordwater Trophy Practice  (Read 382 times)
sllim1946

« on: 06 September, 2024, 12:13:01 PM »

What a shame to see Louise Kennedy’s Aurelia loose a propshaft coupling at the start of her first timed run! This was captured in full detail by the Goodwood Live Stream with the camera following its progress from under the car, running all the way to Madgewick corner and coming to rest on the grass. Hopefully Jason can make a repair in time for the race.Fingers crossed.

The commentator thought it was a gear that had escaped!

Brian Mills

1961 Appia Berlina S3
chriswgawne
Permanent resident

« Reply #1 on: 07 September, 2024, 05:39:32 AM »

I had 2 front section prop shaft breakages on my 3rd srs B20 in 18 years when racing, both were by the centre bearing where there is a sharp 90deg return. Virtually impossible to repair and correct length OE propshaft sections  are not easy to find now although I believe Jason & Loise are sorted for today.
Early Saloon Aurelias have the same length  front section propshaft and end fittings but a smaller outside diameter so I would imagine it must be weaker. A temporary solution to get you home  but not suitable for racing I would say.
Chris

Chris Gawne
Mobile: 07778 216552
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #2 on: 07 September, 2024, 11:41:52 AM »

Hope everything goes well. Have people here heard the warning regarding cheating?

Richard

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #3 on: 08 September, 2024, 09:26:03 AM »

Cheating? At Goodwood - surely not! Please tell more. And, did the Kennedy B20 race and if so, how did they get on? Well I hope.
Richard Fridd
Permanent resident

« Reply #4 on: 08 September, 2024, 10:28:09 AM »

The warning is within the current 'Magneto Magazine' email which has arrived. Replica bodies

Richard Nevison Fridd                                                                      Happy Lancia, Happy Life
ColinMarr
Permanent resident

« Reply #5 on: 08 September, 2024, 10:51:52 AM »

Thanks Richard. I think it's also explained in this video link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOhZXh_kK-c
frankxhv773t
Permanent resident

« Reply #6 on: 09 September, 2024, 10:07:42 AM »

Tongue in cheek I would observe that cheating was historically always part of motor sport, as in rumours of nitrous oxide in the fire extinguisher system of the Delta S4 etc.  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Contact the Forum Administrator

LMC Forum copyright © 2007 - 2021 Lancia Motor Club Ltd